Operation HEROES 2021: Walk, Run, & Cycle!
June 18, 2021 @ 5:00AM — June 27, 2021 @ 11:30PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Operation HEROES: walk, run or cycle for Clear Path for Veterans! Get out and walk, run or cycle to show your support for our Nation's heroes.
Join the Operation HEROES team today!
Support Clear Path for Veterans from wherever you are and show your support for our nation's heroes by taking part in Operation HEROES 2021! Your registration donation and donation pledge will be directly put back into supporting our essential programs and services at Clear Path for Veterans. Our programs and services include wellness and social engagement, peer to peer support, canine programming, and employment support. All at no cost to the Veteran!
Operation HEROES 2021 is a walk, run and cycle event that you can take part in from the comfort and safety of your own home base. Take a walk with your family, go for a run, walk your dog, or get your bike out and take a nice ride. It is important that as a community we all do our part to show our support to the brave men and women who have served and continue to serve our country.
NEW in 2021!
- Get your Operation HEROES event t-shirt! Register by June 4th and receive your event t-shirt in time for the event start date of June 18th. Those who register after June 4th will still be able to receive an event t-shirt that will arrive after the event date.
- Get your miles in at the Clear Path campus! Did you know that the Clear Path campus has over 3 miles of walking trails? Join us on June 19th from 9:00 to 11:00, June 24th from 3:30 to 5:30, and June 27th from 2:00 to 4:00 to walk, run, or cycle our trails.
- Introducing Challenges! This year we are offering you a series of fitness challenges that you can pick from to do in memory or honor of the Veteran or military member in your life.
- Engage with us on the Strava App! This year we are using the app Strava for tracking activity and miles as well as a Operation HEROES Club that all participants can connect in.
How to take part in Operation HEROES: Walk, Run, or Cycle!
How to register for Operation HEROES:
1. Register to walk, run or cycle on behalf of Veterans, military members, and their families.
2. Pledge a donation amount you are comfortable with for every mile you walk, run or cycle.
3. Track your mileage each day of the event. You can use a tracking sheet provided by us or by downloading the Strava App and joining the Clear Path Operation HEROES club!
4. At the end of the 10-day Operation HEROES event, make your donation to help Clear Path continue to provide essential programs and services.
All registered participants will receive: Access to the Operation HEROES digital library full of fun tools and graphics to help you spread the word, a mileage tracking tool to help you reach your goal, a Challenge library, and directions on how to use the Strava App. Once you register you will also be entered for a chance to win fun prizes in our weekly raffle drawings and for a chance to win the grand prize of $75.00 to the local restaurant of your choice and a certificate of completion.
How to take part AND fundraise in Operation HEROES: Walk, Run, or Cycle!
Do you have friends and family members who will want to help you support a worthy cause? Let them know you're participating in Operations HEROES and ask them to make a donation to help you reach your fundraising goal. This is a great way to spread the word about Clear Path for Veterans and let your friends and family know you are helping to support our nation's heroes.
How to fundraise for Operation HEROES:
2. Create your own personalized Operation HEROES fundraising page to share with your friends and family. Sound like a lot of work? It's not! We have provided you with templates for every step of the way, from building your page to asking your friends and family for their support and thanking them for their donation to your fundraiser!
4. Track your mileage each day of the event. We will provide you with an easy-to-use tracking sheet or you can download the Strava App to track your activity and join the Operation HEROES club.
5. At the end of the 10-day Operation HEROES event, contact your friends and family to remind them to make their pledged donations to your fundraiser!
Special bonus giveaway for all fundraisers! All fundraisers are automatically entered for a chance to receive a $150.00 gift certificate to a local restaurant of your choice.
Be sure to spread the word and let your friends and family know you need their help with your fundraiser!
We look forward to having you join us for Operation HEROES to support our nation's heroes! Whether you choose to participate on your own or you create a fundraising page to engage your friends and family, we appreciate your support! No donation amount is too small and every penny donated will help make a difference in the life of a hero.
Clear Path for Veterans provides essential services to Veterans, military members, and their families in 32 counties across New York State. To learn more about Clear Path and our programs and services, visit our website at www.clearpathforvets.org.